Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


0 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Twitter 0 0 Flares ×
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

When the weather gets cold and people kick up their furnaces, along with cozy homes comes an increased risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

It happened in Dallas recently. Four people have been found dead in a house under construction in Dallas.

The Dallas Morning News reports that authorities say the two men and two children are believed to have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says a generator powering a heater and cellphones was inside the house and had run long enough for the carbon monoxide to reach fatal levels.

Fire officials and police were called to the house in Dallas’ Oak Cliff neighborhood about 9:30 a.m. Sunday. The victims’ names and ages haven’t been released, but Evans says the children were young boys.

Property owner Hector Medrano says the men were construction workers who recently had to move from their apartments. He says he let them sleep in the home overnight.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Between 1999 and 2010, about 430 people annually died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Equipment like gas- or oil-fired furnaces and charcoal grills produce the colorless, odorless gas

When looking at the list of carbon monoxide detector laws in the United States, 30 states have enacted statutes regarding carbon monoxide detectors. Another 11 have promoted regulations on CO2 detectors as of January 2016. They are inexpensive; only about $30.

Do you need a carbon monoxide detector?

If you live or spend time in a single-family house, duplex, apartment, dormitory or group home that has a carbon-based fuel appliance, an attached garage or carport or is adjacent to a parking space, the law requires the installation of a carbon monoxide alarm(s) to warn you and your family if carbon monoxide is present.

Check Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – What are the symptoms?

Once again, I am warning about CO2 and the need for buyers of real estate to check if there is a Carbon Monoxide Detector. They are inexpensive and will save your life if there is a leak in your heating system.

FREE information on How to sell your house fast

We are P2 Properties, LLC, the areas’ premier real estate solutions company.

Since our inception, we have been helping homeowners along with improving communities in every city in which we work.

We have extensive knowledge of the business, a network of resources, and years of expertise. P2 Properties can assist homeowners with a wide variety of real estate problems. We pride ourselves on our reputation for working one-on-one with each customer to handle their situations.

With the ability to directly purchase homes and make cash offers, we can create an extremely fast, and hassle-free transaction.

Call us today at 832-220-9440

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Top
0 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Twitter 0 0 Flares ×